Using Freegal on Your Desktop/Laptop
- Use the access link and click Login.
- Enter your library card information, and then click Log In.
- You will return to the Home page, which has curated and featured content.
- If you want to listen to something specific, enter a keyword in the search bar at the top of the screen.
- If you’d rather explore, click the Browse tab.
As you search and browse, there are a few ways to listen to content:
- download files on your computer
- When downloading music, you have a certain number of credits available. Typically, each song takes one credit and each music video takes two.
*Unlike albums and songs, which can be streamed and downloaded, music videos can only be downloaded.
To download a file, click the arrow Or, if you don’t have enough download credits, click the star to add it to your wishlist.
- The downloaded files will automatically save to your computer, and, if you want to see your wishlist, click the Home tab, and then click My Wishlist.
To stream music, click the Stream or Play button.
- The Freegal player will open at the bottom of the screen and the music will immediately begin to play.
- If you want to add a song to a playlist, click the add-to-list button, and then select either Create Playlist or a playlist you’ve already created.
- To add an entire album to a playlist, click the three-dot icon and select Add to playlist.
When creating a new playlist, enter the name of the playlist and a description of the songs inside, and then click Create New Playlist. You can find your playlists and saved music in the My Music tab.
Using the Freegal app
- Download the Freegal app.
- When you first open the app, Freegal might ask to access your location. Tap Allow or Don’t Allow to continue. If you choose not to allow access, enter your zip code, and then tap the Continue button.
- Tap Aurora Public Library District and enter your library card information, and then tap Log In.
There are three ways to save a file for later. Tap the three dots for a file or album
- tap download
- add to streaming playlist
- add to wishlist.
Downloaded files and playlists are found in the My Music tab.
When you tap the play or stream button, a player will open at the bottom of the screen.