The Aurora Public Library Outreach Services Department (OSD) is pleased to announce the expansion of the homebound delivery program. This “no contact” delivery service is now open to Aurora residents who meet any of the following criteria:
- Illness, injury, or physical handicap regardless of length of time
- Customers who previously visited the Bookmobile as their primary library branch
- Customers previously served at lobby stops
- Vulnerable population (self-professed)
- Lack of reliable transportation
- Reside more than 2 miles from any branch
Using the Mini B, this is strictly a drop-and-go holds delivery service. After determining qualification for the program, customers will place their own holds via phone or website, with a limit of 10 items per delivery. When the holds have arrived, OSD staff will contact the customer to arrange the delivery date and window of time. Items will be placed in disposable plastic bags and left at the customer’s front door. At this time, returns will not be picked up due to space limitations in the Mini B and the need for quarantine.
For any questions or concerns about home delivery, please contact the Outreach Services Department at 630-723-2705.