Iwona Przonak, Community Outreach Liaison for the Illinois Office of the Attorney General, will discuss how to avoid being victimized by these top consumer scams: Imposter, Health Care (Medicare Scam, etc.), Charity, Home Repair Fraud, Covid Scams, and Online/Marketing Scams, in addition to Identity Theft.
She will also describe the different divisions and programs within the agency:
- Crime Victims Assistance Program (compensation for victims)
- Health Care Bureau / Helpline (unfair billing, denials of coverage, etc.)
- Consumer Protection Bureau (consumer complaints/free mediation process)
- Public Utilities Bureau (Alternative Energy Suppliers)
- Disability Rights Bureau
- Workforce Rights
- Charity Trust Bureau (Investigate before you donate.)
- Help with Student Loans; Internet Safety for Students & more.
I acknowledge my participation (or my child’s participation) in this virtual program includes the recording of this program which may include my name as listed on my account, images and/or video footage. I grant the Aurora Public Library District my permission to use the photographs and/or video footage for any legal use, including but not limited to: publicity, copyright purposes, illustration, advertising, and web content.
Furthermore, I understand that no royalty, fee or other compensation shall become payable to me by reason of such use.